onsdag 16 maj 2012

A Lovely Month..

Yesterday it was one month since we got engaged! London seems soooo far away though, I can't really believe it's only a month! This feels so right, so good and so like we've known each other since always. Like I've said before, I know some people think we're moving fast, but this is it. I've searched for Anders for 29 years and now that I've found him--there's no time to loose! I want to enjoy every single day we get together and even though I had slept too little and worked 12 hours yesterday, we still met up for dinner after work. We went to Texas Longhorn on Fleminggatan, a rather small, but very nice place. I was starving since I had adjusted lunch to be able to enjoy the dinner instead, but Anders had insisted that he wanted 5 potatoes with his meatballs, so he wasn't really starving... =) We ordered nachos with guacamole and melted cheddar for starters and then we both ordered rib-eye steak with fries for main course, I got the 200 grams, which was named "Ladies" in the menu and Anders therefor insisted that he HAD to order the 300 grams called "Beltbuster" instead... =) It was also served with a green salad with an amazing dressing and half a corncob, I couldn't get mine down though. The food was great and such a lovely atmosphere!
Then we walked to the subway and we started talking about where to live. I mean, I was brought up out in the countryside on a big yard with lots of horses, running barefoot in the grass and having the forest right outside my window and THAT is an amazing childhood! I always thought so and still do. But, I LOVE Stockholm! I moved in to the city when I was 17 years old, when we moved to Borås. I thought I'd never be able to sleep again because of all the noise! Now I almost crave the humming sound of a distant free-way to be able to sleep at all... I love the lights at night, the old buildings, the small inner-yards you can see when you walk through some areas, in Stockholm I'm infatuated with Old Town--it's absolutely wonderful! And the water... Always present in Stockholm, and one of many things that make it, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
So, I'm torn. I was so sure that I wanted to live out in the countryside and that if I ever had kids, they would have the same privileged childhood I had. But you can't re-create a life, it won't ever be the same. And one thing I do know: if I can't give them the same perfect childhood I had, with the yard and the animals--then I don't wanna live in the countryside at all.

I guess you could say I want it all and right now I more than a little torn in the matter... But it sounds so sweet when Tim sings about it...


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar