torsdag 12 januari 2012

If I Ever Get the Chance Again...

There, now it's done. I've cancelled my physics-test at the Police Academy next week... It hurts and I feel so useless right now, but it's not right to even try when I know I won't be able to make great results. The competition is INSANE! Last year they had about 7000 applicants fighting over 200 positions at school. And most of them are seriously fit, like crazy fit! And I'm... Well, I'm not... The test isn't at all insane: 2 kilometers in 10:15 minutes, a Harre's test and dragging a dummy at 77 kilos for 16.4 yards. Not very tough at all, but I want to achieve a great result, not just get through it. Because if I'm to go to class with these people for two years, I want to be able to do it with my head held high.
I've applied at least once a year since 2004 and this is only the second time I've been called, so it's not easy to get there. But, it's my decision and I'm happy with it, no matter what others think. We'll see who's wrong or right. Hopefully I'll get called again, next application is in February. Or else I didn't want it badly enough and since so many others do, it not fair to keep one of them from trying.

But I still feel a little sad, I was so happy when they called and asked me to come to the try-outs. Well, I believe that a few episodes of Glee can cure that! =)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar