torsdag 26 april 2012

And the Days Go By...

Time has no mercy, it just moves on, oblivious to what people think about it at all. The strange thing is that my days off from work seem to rush by in a hurry, while some days at work seem to more or less drag themselves by... Very strange!
I've got time off from work until next Thursday, very nice! Though things could have ended sadly yesterday: one of the dogs got to some left-over chicken that he shouldn't have... 10 years ago, I lost my first dog to this, thanks to our cat, who opened the garbage-cupboard and pulled the trash out onto the kitchen-floor and then the dog ate it. We had to put him down because of his internal injuries, so I'm totally hysterical when it comes to dogs and chicken-bones. Raw bones are okay, but once they've been prepared somehow, they are lethal to dogs. So, I went hysterical, cried and screamed and couldn't move, called poor Anders at work and somehow managed to get the message through, so he left work to come home. Called the vet in tears and they finally calmed me down, told me to but asparagus and feed him and wait 24 hours. So, I bought the freaking vegetables and since I didn't know if Yoggi had eaten also--he got some as well. He's not the problem though, he chews (read: gulfs anything) down and so he did with the asparagus. Harry on the other hand, he's more of a cat kind of dog: he hardly eats anything unless it's ham or meatballs or such stuff. So, asparagus--big NO NO according to Harry. Force-feeding a dog with wet, slimy asparagus: not my idea of a nice Wednesday... What he did like though was the margarine that I had bought as well. Since almost all fatty foods are good for binding stuff up in the stomach, I gave him some of that between our fights... Poor Harry, he can't really trust me very much after this. But they both seem fine, a little weak, but they'll make a full recovery and that's all I care about. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat grilled chicken again though. If I do, I'll take out the trash before I sit down to eat!

Tomorrow we're going home to Norrköping and Anders' family, to celebrate our engagement and also it's his sister's birthday. We're planning on visiting "our" church as well -- very excited about that!

I'll be back with pictures of it...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar