tisdag 10 april 2012

The Love of My Life...

Today we've been us for 6 months... That's so strange, I could've sworn it was longer, like 6 years or something.

I wasn't going to meet anybody, I was going to be single for at least a year, after breaking up a 5 year long relationship. I just registered on that dating-site for fun, just to talk, maybe a casual date someday, nothing serious. I was about to end my membership as well, when I got a very special e-mail, from a guy who really knew how to write. I was intrigued, from the first line there was a very special feeling and even though I wasn't supposed to get in to anything, I was trapped. After that, things went from bad to worse, so to speak. With every mail, every line, each time we chatted, then each text: I was reeled in tighter and tighter until at last there was only one way to find out. Talking on the phone. I already knew that his language sent shivers down my spine, but the voice is so important to me... I was scared that I wouldn't like his voice and being the brave man that he is, he tried to catch me off guard, by calling 15 minutes before the appointed time! =) I was in the shower and missed his call... I went outside and walked to a small park nearby, where I called him up again and held my breath. I think I held it for a good while after he started talking, not daring to break the magic spell that obviously was at work that night. For I loved his voice. It was every bit as amazing as I had hoped and dreamed, strong and absolutely enchanting. So we talked. For 6 hours straight and we've kept talking ever since, never running out of things to talk about. Anders has this amazing gift of being able to talk about ANYTHING and still make it interesting! Fascinating! I really think he should work as a teacher, he could teach any subject and I know that his pupils would adore him.

Anyways, after one week of talking for hours on the phone, we had decided that I should come down to Kalmar where he lived at the time. I had told him all of my quirks and he fulfilled all the "qualifications" I had given myself the luxury of coming up with... Still, the butterflies were ENORMOUS! I packed the dogs and drove for 2,5 hours to get to his place in Kalmar. I called him when I parked on his street and I walked out towards his door. He came out and we started running and without thinking about the greatness of it--I ran in to the arms of the man I'd spend the rest of my life with. But after that week-end, that was crystal-clear. Since then, it's been us. Has it only been 6 months? I can't imagine life without him and he makes me the best I can be.

And all those months before he moved here, my crazy little break-down that week before he came here for good--thinking that I needed the apartment to myself a little longer... I laugh now, it seems so stupid.  The day his things moved in to our apartment was fantastic, just as every day since he wrote his way in to my heart!
I was always so scared of the future, but now I really look forward to it, all of it! I've been lucky enough to find my other half, the one person in the world that I'm supposed to be with and now I believe that there is one person out there for all of us--but not everybody finds their person. Sadly, because I think this world would be much better if everyone did find their perfect match. I know I'm a much better person since I found Anders, or he found me, and I wake up everyday wanting to be even better--the best I can possibly be.
I feel braver and more competent since I met him, because even if I don't manage all the things I want to do--I know that I get to come home to Anders every day and he will still love me no matter what.

And that's all that really matters.

I love you more than anything!

1 kommentar:

  1. köp en withingsvåg! så slipperu manualuppdatera!

    SvaraRadera