torsdag 22 mars 2012

Good Cop, Bad Cop...

Ran into some trouble when I was getting my passport. I don't really know where the old one is, haven't really seen it since I moved and I know that's bad. I get it, you're supposed to keep it locked up in something similar to vault 713 at Gringott's Wizarding Bank in Harry Potter, but let's face it: things go missing and it can't be the end of the world. As Anders said: "So if your passport gets lost, you're never again allowed to travel?".
So, I gave my story to the guy behind the counter and he was very understanding and said that things like that happen, no biggie. He said I'd just have to file a rapport, by phone (11414), that I've lost it and then they'd block the old one from usage and that I had to do that before I collected my new one. Simple enough!
So I called as soon as I got out to my car and had no idea what I was about to get myself in to. The officer that answered was extremely unfriendly and would not at all help me with my problem and when I said hat his colleague had said, he just told me that was not the way they worked. He was down right unpleasant  to talk to! I hung up, because it was like talking to a wall and my eyes were starting to water up--since I cry for absolutely nothing! I sat as in chock for a few minutes, before I got out of the car and walked back in to the police-station, took a new ticket and waited. I got to talk to a very nice and helpful man next to the guy that made my passport and since tears were streaming down my cheeks, he got very upset at his colleague that I had spoken to on the phone. He filed a rapport and said that in a few days I was welcome to collect my new passport and the old one would be history!
I can't believe that people with "the phone-guy"'s attitude get to work in a police-station. I mean, my situation wasn't so severe, but imagine having been through something really tough and have to fight an idiot like that!
That's why I'd like to become a cop, to do good, to make a difference, not to exercise power over other people.

ASPCA Houston
These are my absolute favorite policemen! They work at the ASCPA in Houston and they do a fantastic job helping all kinds of animals in all kinds of situations. Jim Boller (down, left corner) is a huge idol of mine and my dream is to work in such a unit one day. 

Wayne Unser, chief of Police in Charming (Sons of Anarchy)

This here is another favorite! But he might be working a bit much on the wrong side of the law, with the best intentions, but still... His love for Gemma is endearing and when he gets Dpt. Hale to really uphold the law when he favors the Sons, he's kind of cute anyways!



Hopefully all goes well and I should have my new passport in no more than a week!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar