tisdag 27 mars 2012

We're All Amazing!

As I told you, the movie The Help made a HUGE impression on me and it has stayed with me since then and as I sit here watching Glee The Concert Movie, there's so much I want to say!

One of the things that affected me the most in The Help, was the way the women treated their children, especially Elizabeth Leefolt's relationship with her daughter Mae Mobley--or rather the relationship she DOESN'T have... It was so sad and heartbreaking to see and what's worse: probably very close to the truth for many, many children in this world. Mae is still lucky since she has Aibileen, who tells her these important words every day: "You is smart. You is kind. You is important." My wish is that every child got to hear it everyday of their life. Because it's true. They are all miracles. WE are all miracles, we are all amazing. Few things make me angrier then when kids are treated badly! I read last week about a "mother" who had forced her 3 year old son to drink beer and smoke!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?! It's waaaay to easy to have kids and way to hard for the authorities to take them away from unfit parents.
Children have no limits and they should be told how amazing they are every day, I hope I'll remember that the day I have kids...
If you haven't seen The Help or read the book -- do it now!!!



And Glee... A tribute to all of us who never fitted in at school. How I wish there had been such a show when I went to school! I love all of it and as I've said before, the cast is amazing: from Lauren Zizes to Quinn Fabray, from Finn Hudson to Artie Abrams. Everyone is accepted and included, I wish that was what school was like for kids. It's not, it's really cruel. I'll show my kids Glee and hope that they fall as much in love with it as I've done, maybe we can share it?



So, teach your kids compassion and understanding, make them strong and confident and let them know that they are important--every day. We will all gain from that, it will help build a better world for our future generations. God knows they'll need all the help they can get and we owe it to them.
"Be the change you want to see in the world" - M. Gandhi

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar