tisdag 27 mars 2012

Sleep-Strangler?...

I've heard of the term "sleep-walker" and understand the mechanics of that, though I can't recall ever having sleep-walked myself... There is a nasty rumor from my childhood though: it is said that dad found me peeing all over my cuddly toys one night, sitting on the ledge of the chest they were kept in, the lid resting over my back... I wonder if it's really true, poor cuddly toys in that case!!! But that would be the only time I've sleep-walked if it is true. I've heard of kids doing it a lot, but maybe that's just when they're trying to get to the toilet and are too tired to wake up properly before embarking on the long journey to the bathroom?...
Is it at all connected to our dream-world? Interesting stuff, really!



But that wasn't my point, I was going to tell you about three scary incidents in our apartment that has happened over the last two months. Anders has been acting extremely violently in his sleep lately...

The first time we had watched Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, supposedly a horror-movie starring Katie Holmes and it contained the obligatory scary kid and the old, spooky, abandoned house... Anyway, we saw it late one night and it was a bit creepy, I had my feet off the floor and hid behind my pillow a few times. We went to bed and fell asleep. In the middle of the night, Anders' right arm comes flying across my throat, grabs my right shoulder and presses down, thus making it very hard for me to breathe. I screamed and started crying because I got so scared and Anders woke up startled and was as upset himself. He remembers having had nightmares about the creepy beings in the movie. This was the first time...



The second time we hadn't watched anything special, I was sound asleep and the ledge of the bed, when all of a sudden his arm comes around my neck and throat and pulls tight with his arm. Again--very hard to breathe!!! I panicked and cried out--Anders woke up startled and very surprised. This time he hadn't had any nightmares, he just thought his arm was around my waist... =S That was the second time...

A few days ago, it happened again... We had been watching The X-Files all night and went to sleep. Around 4 o'clock in the morning I wake up screaming--Anders has thrown himself over me and hit me in my left shoulder! As I started crying, he woke up and realized what he had done. This time he remembers having had a nightmare about a pack of super-intelligent velociraptors (small, mean dinosaurs...) chasing him in his specially built vehicle... This vehicle was very good against T-Rexes was his fully reasonable explanation...

Me look-alike?...

Rodney Carrington has a very good explanation as to why they were so aggressive...

Have you ever experienced anything like this? He says it's unconscious, but maybe it's him acting out real anger under the pretense of sleeping? He is so docile and kind when he's awake, it would make sense really... =D I don't know how I feel about going to The British Museum of Natural History with him--they have a life-sized T-Rex and some nasty Velociraptors hidden in the corners of the museum... 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar