torsdag 22 mars 2012

Pass It Around!

Oh, just realized it's that horrible time of life... Time to get a new passport! =( Sad really, I am so pleased with the one I've got, the picture is actually good. But since I've added a surname since it was issued and since we ran in to some serious trouble on our way to Mexico back in December 2010, maybe it's better to get it fixed?...
I have to tell you about that incident, because it still bugs me! We were going to Playa del Carmen in Mexico and were to fly from Arlanda early morning--hence we were there earlier morning and all in good time. When we were supposed to check-in they told us it had to be done in certain machines, so we walked up to one of those, only to realize that I had spelled daddy's surname as I spell it: Bååth, but in his passport it said: Båth. This meant that the machine went bonkers and wouldn't except his ticket, so we had to do it manually at the check-in desk anyways... Daddy's ticket and passport was a no-brainer for the guy behind the counter, but when he examined MY passport he found a small tear on the first page's seam and refused to let it through. All of a sudden we were short of time, we had to go to the police-office on the other side of Arlanda, took a taxi, stood in line, got a new temporary passport (pink at that!!!) and payed almost 1000 SEK (£95/$148) and hurried back to the plane. The rest of them had already boarded and we RAN on to the plane with like 5 minutes to spare! I've got some news for you: that's NOT a good way to start a vacation!!!
The thing that irritates me is that the guy at the check-in said: "They will NEVER let you in to Mexico with a passport like this, it's too torn," and then when we arrived at customs in Cancún--they didn't even want to look at my NEW, shiny, pink passport! They wanted the old, TORN one!!! Gaaah!

So, this time I'll do it properly: the right names and no tears in the seam. But getting ready for that picture is gonna take some time, I'll have to live with it for 10 years... So I've just applied a facial-mask and I'm gonna fix my eyebrows, I'm seriously considering using the hair colour I bought how last week and dye my hair myself... Need to get the make-up right, we all know the light in those places should be classified as a means of torture...
Well, I'll share the result with you when the passport arrives! Until then:

Will it pass, do you think?... =)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar