onsdag 7 mars 2012

Three Wonderful Days!

I've forgotten to tell you about our wonderful week-end down south! And since I'm in some sort of house-arrest, I might as well get it down now.

Friday: we went down rather late, there were lots of things we needed to buy and stuff to sort out before driving south. We went to my beloved friends and the best kids in the whole world, I was so nervous since it was the first time they'd get to meet each other. But all went very well and as usual I feel grateful and strong whenever I've been there, it's easy to believe in love and a good life after a visit to them.
Late Friday night we drove up to Anders' parents house in the country-side and fell asleep after a long and good day.

Saturday: woke up to a wonderful breakfast and gulps of the fresh, amazing air that you only find in the country. The dogs love it there, partly because Anders' mother loves dogs and gives them a whole lot of TLC and partly because there's space to run around in.
After breakfast we packed for a day out in the woods on Sörmlandsleden and drove off in the pale, promising sunlight. Once there, it took about ten minutes before Harry was missing! So typical! We called for him and whistled, but not even a sound to tell us where he might be. He has done this before, but it's just as tough every time as the hours go by.
Long story short: after 3 hours I made Yoggi bark three times and when Harry didn't show up after that, I told Anders we'd take the car and come back later. Just then Anders called: Look, there he is! And there he was! Standing underneath a pine-tree looking very remorseful and tired. A wonderful feeling! Beloved little menace of a dog!
In the evening we went Texas Longhorn for a good bite with Anders' parents, one of his two sisters, her husband and their cute little baby-son. After that we went to the movies and watched "War Horse". I really liked it, but whoever made it doesn't know all that much about horses... =) But I admit it, in the end I shed quite a few tears, as did Anders! <3


Sunday: woke up before every one else, feeling well rested and took the dogs out for a good long walk. The air was crisp and a pale sun greeted us as we made our way through a frost-bitten forrest. It was absolutely beautiful! One of those days when I really feel so lucky to be alive and to just be, no need for anything material at all. The dogs very enjoying themselves immensely, just running straight on, taking a short detour off the track and into the woods here and there. Harry stayed relatively close and we didn't loose him even once! =) 


We went down to Norrköping to meet Malin and Nicklas and baby Fabian--for the first time!!! So small, I can't understand that he'll be a "real person" one of these days, really tiny! So happy for them and it was great to see them again! I'm used to seeing them almost every day and now it's been months... 
After that Anders went with his parents and I went to see my family, well Fredrik's really, but after five years it feels like mine as well. The dogs LOVE them! Above and beyond everything! Since they haven't seen each other for months, the greeting-ceremony took quite some time... =) It was wonderful to see them again, but it breaks my heart that I can't see them everyday anymore! 
We drove back up to Anders' parents and waiting for supper, we played a game called Kunskapsjakten, sort of like Trivial Pursuit. Lots of fun! 
We ate and had tea and I felt myself delaying the journey home for as long as I possibly could, I really wanted to stay longer. I love it there. 

So I think that's the remaining feeling from this week-end: I miss home. And home isn't here. Don't really know what to do about that... 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar